Mechanical cost drivers, market trends, technology development and quality are just some of the important parameters we need to stay on top of to be successful in a dynamic and everchanging world. In this role you will have the overall sourcing responsibility for mechanics components used in Axis's products. Working in this position will give you a great opportunity to make a difference to our business. Are you the one, who will make a big difference to Axis ability to provide flexible, reliable, sustainable, and cost-efficient supply chain during stable but also turbulent times on mechanical component market?
Who is your future team?
Sourcing´s task is to create best possible prerequisites for reaching all the stuff mentioned above and a few more! We make sure to have the most suitable suppliers and utilize them to achieve maximum contribution both commercially and technically. We are a team of skilled and dedicated professionals that are greatly contributing to our company's success!
What you'll do here as Commodity Manager:
As Commodity Manager you will have overall sourcing responsibility for a few selected material/component types within mechanics used in Axis's products. You will continuously work to decrease purchase prices and improve other purchasing terms and conditions, by conducting negotiations with suppliers.
Together with your cross functional Commodity Team you will develop and execute strategy within the area of responsibility. You will be involved early in our mechanical platforms and product development to influence component and supplier selections. Taking care of commercial discussions with suppliers during development phase to ensure best possible cost and other commercial conditions such as payment-, delivery- and flexibility terms from start, will also be an important task.
You will play an important role in proactive risk management process and have responsibility for driving activities together with your colleagues to ensure that our product design and component choices give us best prerequisites for a resilient supply chain.
Furthermore, you will:
- By analyzing and understanding component/product life cycles, component and supplier risks, cost drivers and technology trends, affect Axis product development to ensure best design from a producibility perspective with quality, availability and cost in mind.
- Be responsible for conducting and executing 2nd source and 2nd design strategy on mechanical components.
- Be an escalation point for Axis purchasing department and contract manufacturers in case of challenges with supplier performance.
- Stay on top of market trends concerning availability, cost development, macro-economic factors etc. in order to be able to take important business decisions.
- Identify and address process improvements within area of responsibility. Initiate and finalize purchase agreements with suppliers.
The position requires approximately 20-25 days of travelling a year, depending on pandemic situation.
Who are we looking for/Who are you?
We believe that you are a relationship builder who enjoys working together in a team. You are analytic, well-structured and result oriented with a keen interest in the business. We believe that you are an open minded individual with a strong drive who pays attention to details.
We'd love to hear that you have/are:
- A degree in Industrial Economy, Business, Supply Chain Management or similar Excellent MS Office skills Experience from working in ERP systems
- Excellent skills in English, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge about mechanical suppliers manufacturing processes, preferably within plastic and sheet metal processing.
- At least 5 years of purchasing/sourcing experience from international companies.
- Knowledge about mechanical market dynamics
- Knowledge about business culture in different parts of the world
In exchange for your dedication Axis can offer you an innovative and global organization with an environment where you can develop both as a professional and as an individual. You will have a great opportunity to make a difference to our business.
What Axis have to offer:
Axis is a fast growing and exciting company, already the world leader in our main field - network video. We work in an innovative and global organization that takes great pride in delivering world class, high quality products, services and solutions to our customers. Working with us gives you an excellent opportunity to develop in an organization that values creativity and promote professional and individual growth. The positions many interfaces will also provide an excellent opportunity to develop a comprehensive understanding of the Axis business as well as building a broad network.
Ready to Act?
Call Find out more about the position from our Sourcing Manager, Per Lindkvist at +46 46 272 1800. For more information about Axis, please visit our website .
Det går inte längre att söka detta jobb!
Det går inte längre att söka detta jobb!
ERP system, Exchange, Management, Network, Supply chain
- Radar Signal Processing Engineer
- Software Developer for our AXIS OS Media Streaming team
- Engineering Manager - Mechanics
- IT Helpdesk - System Support technician
- Full stack developer
- Mekanikutvecklare med passion för produktutveckling!
- Senior Software Developer
- Engineering Manager Axis OS System