AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives – and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The RIA Translational Science and Experimental Medicine department is an agile environment, with a culture that is science and patient-focused. Our mission is to understand disease mechanisms at the molecular level, identify the most effective target and the right patient population, and close the gap between bench science and bedside clinical practice.
A key role of Precision Medicine Discovery is to lead the human validation of our targets, identify Proof-of Mechanism (PoM) biomarkers and deliver precision medicine approach. Underpinned by a robust understanding of respiratory disease relevant pathways and drivers, the Senior scientist translational science is a key scientific role, building mechanistic understanding of the target and disease through innovative application of experimental methods and technologies. She/he is a laboratory-based scientist, with the critical accountabilities for identifying and enabling PoM biomarkers to demonstrate target engagement at First-Time-In-Man (FITM) and leading the pre-clinical target validation strategy from TSID. Working closely with the Biomarker Discovery Scientists, other decision making and exploratory biomarkers will be identified and developed for each project.
The role is laboratory based, requiring flexibility to ensure all translational aspects of the projects are supported in a timely fashion.
Dina arbetsuppgifter i huvudsak
• Accountable for delivery of human target validation in relevant models by experimentally demonstrating presence and functional implication of the target in relevant disease mechanisms, mechanistic understanding of target and disease
• Accountable to identify and develop PoM biomarkers, Decision Making and other Exploratory Biomarkers as required for each target.
• Will effectively communicate results, plans, and strategies via scientific reports, regulatory documents, oral and written methods of communication.
• Will use judgment and knowledge where appropriate to influence the work of projects, teams, section and departments.
• Will be an effective team member in supporting projects to meet their objectives striving for continuous improving processes by identifying, championing, and/or contributing to the development of solutions that hinder efficiency and effectiveness
Vem är du?
• PhD or equivalent with a strong experimental drive and background in basic science related to respiratory research.
• Post-doc experience or otherwise relevant scientific research experience.
• Experience in pharmaceutical R&D.
• Strong publication record.
Experience and skills
• Broad understanding of several technologies and methodologies along with excellent scientific laboratory skills and ability to experimentally address key scientific questions, including Cell culture: cell lines and primary cells, Nucleic acid isolation, RT-qPCR, ELISA, MSD assays, FACS
• Understanding of the Respiratory therapy area and disease biology, including molecular pathways and mechanisms related to respiratory diseases.
• Excellent skills in hypothesis forming and testing, able to draw conclusions and suggest next steps based on the experimental data.
• Strong leadership skills ability to be a self-starter.
• A good understanding of the drug development process, from lead identification through clinical development
• Ability to work productively in a matrix team environment and excellent collaborative skills
• Good networking and communication (written and oral) skills and a strong delivery focus
Other responsibilities and Business Impact
• Will have a good working knowledge of all relevant company policies - ensure GLS compliance, compliance with corporate code of conduct and adherence to best SHE practice for self and others - and national regulations, and ensure that industry standards are applied to working for self and others within the discipline team.
• Contributes to a science-driven and entrepreneurial organization hungry for new ideas, innovative ways of working and continuous learning
• Positive can-do attitude, with respect for the individuals with different skillset and knowledge, eager to learn in each interaction.
• Collaborate closely with other teams to drive efficiency and take advantage of knowledge and experiences.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Det går inte längre att söka detta jobb!
Kategori: Ekonomi & Finans
Antal visningar: 0
Antal gillamarkeringar: 0
Det går inte längre att söka detta jobb!
ASP, Entrepreneur, Network, Post-doc
- Teknikinformatör till internationell koncern i Finspång
- Dansktalande kundtjänstmedarbetare till vår kund i Köpenhamn!
- Administratör till Jordbruksverket i Jönköping
- (Senior) Research Scientist – Molecular and Cell Biology
- Kvalitetsingenjör till Nordic Biomarker
- Butikssäljare för kommande uppdrag i Jönköping
- Utvecklingsorienterad redovisningsassistent till MultiQ
- Strategisk IT-Upphandlare till Stockholms Stad, Utbildningsförvaltningen
- Taktisk inköpare till internationell koncern i Finspång