Power Solutions > Product Management > Power Plant Solutions NCE
As wind energy starts to compete directly with conventional power, the wind turbines make up a larger and larger part of the energy mix. The result of this is that grid operators are imposing tougher and tougher demands on wind power plants, both due to the electrical performance and remote control. Designing wind power plants which are grid compliant is a challenge but critical to the business case certainly of 'Vestas' Customer, project investors and the wider wind industry.
The Electrical Engineer's tasks are to support our customers to design and build competitive and compliant wind power plants and track the changes on electrical grid requirements. This role will be focused on the Northern European markets with international opportunities, yet predominantly across the Sales regions in Northern and Central Europe (NCE).
The team Power Plant Solutions NCE consists of an international team of electrical engineers. It is part of the Technical Sales Management department, supporting the organisation in selling a few billion Euros' worth per year of wind power plants across Northern, Central & Eastern Europe, as well as parts of Africa.
- Develop a tool for automation of project specific documents with main features as below:
- One single data sheet (or excel tool) to fill out to create internal documents for being used during sales & construction including the all relevant power plant set up and its configuration for electrical plant performance
- Capability to provide these documents with different classifications for internal and external customers
- One central project specific file as 'Master' to create these documents in an unique format and simple to insert the changes during Sales, construction and service phases
- To be delivered:
- Technical specification of the tool
- Delivery of Alpha and Beta version
- Providing training for internal stakeholders
- Electrical Electrical Engineer student / graduate
- Knowledge in Software development (python, Visual basics, or similar)
- Knowledge about electrical power systems
- Knowledge of industrial automation and networks, PLC hardware, SCADA systems and communication interface beneficial
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft 365
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Very good English skills, both in speech and writing; any other EU language is a benefit
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Creative, solution-finding and confidence when talking with and presenting
- We need a person with a high personal drive, structured and service-minded work style, result-oriented, able to work both independently and with an international team
What we offer
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department and everyone is always prepared to help when needed. You will have the opportunity to develop a career in a global company within a very exciting industry - Working as an Electrical Engineer opens career paths in Sales and Engineering within Vestas.
Please apply online no later than 6th May 2021.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at and following us on our social media channels.
Ansök till Student Worker
Observera att arbetsgivaren inte får tillgång till ditt facebook-konto.
Management, Network, Python, Sales
- Student Worker, Project Coordination - Vaasa (FI) or Malmö (SE)
- Specialist, Key Account Management (m/f/d) in Malmö/Copenhagen/Hamburg
- Planner Subcontractors
- Team Leader Mönsterås
- Supply Chain Logistics Planning Specialist
- Service Technician Fredrika-BlaFa
- CSM Coordinator - Communication -Malmö & Documentation
- Service Technician Jörn
- Traveling Service Technician - Sweden
- WTG Support Engineer - Malmo