Hays Specialist Recruitment is now looking for 2 Procurement Managers to support the two new integrated R&D units - Oncology and Biopharmaceuticals (Respiratory, CVRM and INA) for 12 month contract assignments at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg.
As AstraZeneca launches the Growth Through Innovation strategy, we have created a single R&D Procurement group that will support the two new integrated R&D units - Oncology and Biopharmaceuticals (Respiratory, CVRM and INA). These units have responsibility for the value chain from discovery through to late-stage development, enabling rapid acceleration of promising early-stage assets and life-cycle management programs. The new R&D structure is designed to help us build on this proud legacy of scientific contribution, and ensure we are positioned to continue to translate our innovative science into even more life-changing medicines for patients.
Ensures all sourcing arrangements are successful and aligned to company and area strategy and manages supplier relationships at an operational/strategic level. Otherwise, may be responsible for strategic planning, relationship management and reviews of existing supplier arrangements for one or more therapeutic areas.
You will have accountability for being the Study Procurement Partner of one or more therapeutic areas. Leading both demand and supply side activities. Provides input to long term strategic plans for R&D related categories. Manages customer and supplier relationships to ensure input to Category Strategies that are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base can support these strategies. Oversees implementation of category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans.
- Planning and oversight of study related contracting within one or more therapeutic areas.
- Support the implementation of market/ category plans to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Supports the Director/ Associate Director in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - to ensure that Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base can support these strategies.
- Works with relevant Director/ Associate Director(s) to ensure implementation of fully integrated and customer-aligned AZ-wide category plans.
- Works alongside GPS (Global Procurement Services) in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinates the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analyses and resolves issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advises on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Develops, evaluates or manages internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in R&D Procurement at a management level
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Communication skills and ability to influence others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
Extensive experience in line management, technical support and project management
Key Relationships to reach solutions:
Internal (to AZ or team)
- Internal business leaders / managers
- Project team members
- Procurement colleagues from across the network
External (to AZ)
- Account Managers / Business Development
- Service Providers
Ansök till Procurement Manager
Observera att arbetsgivaren inte får tillgång till ditt facebook-konto.
Account manager, Communication skills, Management, Network, Project management, SCOM
- KYC/AML Administratörer sökes omgående!
- Research Scientist Chemistry
- Senior Redovisningsekonom till Västerås
- Data Automation Programmer
- Localisation Manager
- Global Study Administration
- Formulation/Analytical Scientist ADD
- Formulation Research Scientist
- Research Technician
- Ekonomiassistent till Söderort