AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Are you an analytical chemist interested in learning more about preparative chromatography? Would you like to work in a cross-functional environment using state of the art technology? Then you might be our next member in the Separation Science Laboratory team!
We’re looking for a talented and motivated analytical chemist to join our Separation Science Laboratory team within the Pharmaceutical Science function at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. This is a temporary assignment lasting one year.
The vision for Pharmaceutical Sciences is to deliver the therapies of the future through scientific leadership in drug delivery, design of synthetic routes and manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API). Our portfolio of projects spans traditional small molecules to nucleotide-based therapies and nanomedicines across AstraZeneca’s therapy areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will join a highly competent team and collaboratively drive the delivery of pure compounds to our early portfolio. The remit of the team includes solving both chiral and achiral separation problems in mg to kg scale, ranging from small molecules to large peptide conjugates. We use modern chromatographic instrumentation including LC and SFC in both analytical and preparative scale and a high degree of automation.
To be successful in this role you will need a problem-solving attitude and strong delivery focus. It is essential with good communication skills and ability to engage and collaborate across boundaries. You are expected to:
- Be laboratory based and work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure delivery on target
- Run chromatographic equipment as well as liquid handling robotics
- Effectively operate with scientists from other functions in a highly cross-disciplinary environment
- Scientific knowledge within chromatography
- Technical skills and experience to use and maintain chromatographic equipment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent English, both spoken and written
- Work collaboratively, prioritise your own work and act decisively
What we offer you at ALTEN
Every employee is equally valuable in the success of ALTEN! We are driven by making people grow and develop, which is why we offer you the opportunity to work with what you are truly passionate about. At ALTEN, we have a broad range of assignments at most of the leading companies in Sweden in several different sectors, to make it possible for your wishes to come true. We offer both national and international opportunities and together with your coaching manager, you build your career path so you constantly are able to develop and achieve your goals and dreams!
As a consultant at ALTEN, you will get the genuine team feeling at your assignment but also a wonderful togetherness at ALTEN. Through our different internal networks, such as ALTEN Sports, Women@ALTEN and ALTEN Innovation you will get the opportunity to drive topics and activities that are close to your heart, together with your colleagues. All activities are of course optional. Work life balance is our top priority. We also have a collective agreement and other benefits like Pension, Insurances and Wellness grants.
We believe in growing together!
Ansök till Separation Scientist to AstraZeneca
Observera att arbetsgivaren inte får tillgång till ditt facebook-konto.
Communication skills, Network
- ALTEN i Västerås och Örebro söker mekanikkonstruktörer!
- Business Manager inom Engineering till ALTEN Stockholm
- Quality Assurance Officer till AstraZeneca
- Kom och väx med oss och utveckla framtiden!
- Business Manager inom IT till ALTEN Stockholm
- Regulatory Affairs till ALTEN Pharma
- Utvecklare inom C# och .Net till ALTEN i Jönköping
- Operations Regulatory CMC to Astra Zeneca
- Elektronikkonstruktör till ALTEN
- ANALYTISK KEMIST TILL ALTEN PHARMA