Senior Data Engineer
The Data Engineer will join the newly created Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics and Visualization. The role will have a key responsibility in designing and developing scalable architectures and data pipelines that interact with SKF’s existing software solutions, enhance the ability of the Data Scientists in creating new Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics solutions and interface with internal and external stakeholders.
Your day-to-day work
- Support the Advanced Analytics team in the creation of data products to enable the SKF Rotating Equipment Performance value proposition.
- Provide and maintain the infrastructure to perform Advanced Analytics.
- Be the link between the analytics team and the software- and app development team.
This would include to collaborate with a cross-functional team to create data products that scale the company’s ability for services around the Reliable Equipment Performance (REP) program, assure system quality by clean and fault-tolerant code and monitor existing solutions with relevant metrics and develop scalable data pipelines to extract, load and transform data from internal and external data sources. You will also accelerate analytics by providing efficient data structures, standardized data sets and well-organized meta data, design cloud-based architectures and microservices that integrate new analytic solutions into SKF’s existing software solutions and participate in the design of APIs that act as interface between SKF’s internal systems and external systems.
We expect you to have/be
- University degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in building production-ready data products and cloud-based microservices
- Very good programming skills in at least one general-purpose programming language (Project Portfolio in Github highly appreciated) and standard frameworks/libraries and tools, e.g. Spark, Scikit-learn, Docker
- Fluent in English
It would be beneficial if you also have good knowledge of the AWS ecosystem, especially S3, Lambda, EMR, ECS/ECR, Kinesis (AWS certifications appreciated) and experience in Machine Learning and Data Science.
Additional information for you
You will report to the Global Manager Software, Apps and Analytics who is located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Patrik Schultzén, Recruitment Specialist at SKF Group Recruitment Centre, +46 31 337 12 70 or Patrik.Schultzen@skf.com.
Unionen – Jonny Hilbert +46 31 337 2155
Akademikerföreningen - Anders Kempe +46 31 337 3395
Ledarna – Angelica Lindström +46 31 337 1842
Are you interested?
…and meet the above requirements, please submit your application with CV in English no later than the 15th September 2019.
SKF works to reduce friction, make things run faster, longer, cleaner and more safely. Doing this in the most effective, productive and sustainable way has made the SKF Group a leading global supplier of products, solutions and services within rolling bearings, seals, mechatronics, services and lubrication systems. Services include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring, asset efficiency optimization, engineering consultancy and training.
Ansök till Senior Data Engineer
Observera att arbetsgivaren inte får tillgång till ditt facebook-konto.
Architect, Computer science, LEAN, Monitor
- Robotic Process Automation Lead Architect SKF IT
- Compensation & Benefit Expert
- Application Manager - Manufacturing
- Senior Financial Accountant, Expert
- Support Specialist
- Transport Systems Application Manager
- Accountant Specialist - with focus on salary accounting
- SAP Netweaver Delivery Lead
- SAP Release Manager
- SKF IT: Manager, PMO & Methods